Tuesday 2 July 2013

Just A Random Bunch of Faora GIFs


I think I mentioned in my Man of Steel review post that I was impressed with Antje Traue's performance as uberstrong henchlady Commander Faora-Ul (she ditched the 'Hu' in the film*), bu-u-ut that's really understating things.  Faora represents two conflicting fixations for me: the nerdy, over-analyzing part of my brain recognises the presence of a truly strong female character, who is allowed to be prominent and dangerous in a film largely dominated by male characters, and whose gender is never once brought up as an issue, which is fantastic; the more simplistic, primal side of me sees an exotic, beautiful actress with an all-kinds-of-sexy pan-European accent, somehow made even more intimidatingly unattainable thanks to power armour and a frickin' cape.  IS THIS LOVE????

So, here's a bunch of GIFs of the lady I found by tooling around on Tumblr and Google.  This is really more for my convenience than yours, yes.


* - Nerdy subnote: For some reason, it's long established in Superman comics that female children of Krypton take the full name of their father as their surname rather than just the hyphened suffix that serves as a family name - so while Kal-El is the son of Jor-El and you know they're related because they both have '-El' in the name, Kal's cousin Supergirl is named Lara Zor-El, with Zor-El being her dad's full name.  I really don't know why this is the case, other than maybe some anachronistic misogyny that never got retconned...and if that's actually the case, it makes sense for Faora to shorten her surname down to just '-Ul', as it sticks with the crazy man-hating persona of Faora in the comics.  Just a thought.



Pretty sure if you count how many people Superman saves in the film
versus how many likely die thanks to his negligence, Faora's math
works out about right.

Your bullets are weak.  WEAK I SAY


Faora is so badass she'll put your mum in a chokehold
even if your mum used to be a Mega-City judge.  No drokking fear.

Nothing much, just my lady making Superman look like a chump.

CHOKESLAM!!


"I'm just gonna lie here wait wait no I GIVE UP I GIVE UUUUuuuuuuuu - "

Mind that first step!

What If Man of Steel Was A Sin City Sequel...?


All the feels.

The blue filter here really brings out the colour of her eyes.

"Excuse me?"

Makes me think of Dynasty Warriors.  Anyone else?


More Dynasty Warriors, because you can never have enough
soldiers being murdered effortlessly in your National Guard-sponsored movie.
...whoops.

I'm soary, was that YOUR car?

Whoosh!Cape.

Whoosh!Leap.

THAT SMILE OMG *faints*


And as a bonus, purely because it amuses me:

BRING PAINKILLERS BEFORE ZOD

No comments:

Post a Comment